A single, large diamond set prominently in gold or platinum is the classic choice for an engagement ring. After all, a solitaire’s simple sophistication enables a diamond’s fiery beauty to take center stage. While this selection will never fail to catch the eye, consumers searching for the perfect engagement ring to present to a special someone will find a rainbow of possibilities to consider. Personal preference and quality considerations should serve as the primary guides when selecting the perfect setting to present as a token of enduring love.
Setting Styles that Dazzle the Eye
Buyers looking at engagement rings will find a wide variety of styles are popular on the market today. Here are just a few of the many options to explore:
- Three-stone engagement rings – This design, as the name suggests, involves the use of three precious gemstones. A centerpiece stone, typically a diamond, is offset in this type of design by two smaller side stones. These stones may also be diamonds, but some couples prefer other gems, such as rubies, emeralds or sapphires to add a pop of color to a finished engagement ring design.
- Halo engagement rings – This visually stunning presentation features a large, centerpiece stone. This stone is typically a diamond, but it does not have to be. Some couples prefer using a ruby, sapphire, emerald or other precious gemstone instead. To create the “halo” in the design, the centerpiece is outlined by other, smaller stones. These stones are often small diamonds, but other gems make popular choices, as well. In some cases, the use of secondary stones may extend down the band itself, adding to the visual presentation.
- Gemstone engagement rings – This type of design can take on many different visual presentations. The biggest feature, however, will involve a precious gemstone other than a diamond. Sapphires, emeralds or rubies are the most popular choices for gemstone engagement rings, but personal preference should be the most important consideration here. This type of ring may be created as a solitaire, three-stone design, halo or any of a myriad of other styles.
- Solitaire engagement rings – This single-stone design remains the most popular choice for engagement rings. When a solitaire is desired, the shape of the stone will provide for variations in the presentation. While the brilliant round cut diamond remains the most sought-after design for solitaire engagement rings, princess cut, cushion, pear and other shapes are also popular.
- Metal choice makes a difference – The metal selected for an engagement ring’s setting can greatly enhance the visual presentation. White gold and platinum are highly popular choices, offering a silvery and subtle appearance. While not as popular as it once was, yellow gold remains a classic choice for engagement ring settings, especially when its rich color is offset by a stunning diamond.
- Other variations – When selecting an engagement ring, keep in mind the above are only some of the many options on today’s market. Buyers can easily customize their options by not only choosing different gemstones to include in a setting, but also different shapes. The combinations are practically endless.
Making the ‘Right’ Choice
There are so many engagement ring options to consider, it can be hard to narrow down the selection. While the ring’s appearance will, no doubt, play a big role in the ultimate selection, there are some other factors to keep in mind. That special someone’s personal preference should take center stage, along with issues related to quality and pricing, such as color, cut, clarity and carat weight. When these factors are taken into account, making the “right” choice is easy.
If finding an engagement ring that is truly one-of-a-kind matters, Israel-Diamonds.com is here to help. We invite you to explore our collection of loose diamonds and use our convenient online tools to create a unique design. Once your design is set, our master jewelers will get to work handcrafting the perfect engagement ring for your special someone. Should you prefer working directly with our jewelers to create a custom design
, just contact us directly for a free quote.
At Israel-Diamonds, it is our distinct pleasure to help you find the ideal engagement ring to present to the love of your life. Whether you choose a classic diamond solitaire engagement ring from our pre-made collection or opt to design a piece all on your own, you can count on us to deliver a finished ring that will meet your specifications and catch your loved one’s eye.